Monday, February 20, 2012

Global Stratification


Our world population has increased significantly over the past 50 years. With the increasing population of the same thing happened with the problems that usually occur in our world. In this case I'm talking about poverty. In my mind, this is one of the most serious problems in our world, since it is global. So, clearly we need to know what the "global stratification" means it helps to understand the full dimensions of global poverty.

Basically, the global stratification of the global pattern of inequality in the world at large. The difference between people and their income and wealth - they can be a major indicator of global stratification. For example, 20% of the richest people in the world earns 77% of total revenue, but the poorest 20% earn only 2%.

Although recent studies state that overall people are becoming richer, compared to the early 20th century, rich people increase their wealth and income faster than poor countries, so that the difference between rich and poor people is growing.

When I talk about different things and events I like to compare them with their own experiences or experiences of my family. In this case we talk about poverty in the world at large. But let's be honest, most of our wealth depends on us. I believe that we are creators of our lives.

For example, my grandfather was a backwoodsman lives in a small village in the central part of the Soviet Union. But he was the only person from that village who managed to get the highest degree in engineering in St. Petersbourg. Later in the late 70-ies of our family moved to Tallinn, as my grandfather became chief engineer. However, when the Soviet Union collapsed our family lost almost everything. As my parents were only 19 years old when I was born, did not succeed in higher education. The first part of the 90's was not the best for our family. Business is not going so well, as it was very dangerous, and unfortunately unstable. So, sometimes we had to eat the best. But my parents began to teach. And now my father is one of the most famous Russian lawyer who speaks in Estonia, he studied law known doctorate at University of Tartu. My mother is a financial manager.

Moral is very simple, if you want to achieve something, you have to work hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment